The overall scientific planning of the EastGRIP project is the responsibility of the Scientific Steering Committee (SC), and is in practice handled via a number of consortia, which coordinate the scientific activities and make plans for data sharing, publications, etc.
The consortia are:
- Impurity consortium: chairs Paul Vallelonga (DK), Hubertus Fischer (CH), and Kumiko Goto-Azuma (JP)
- Gas consortium: chair Thomas Blunier (DK), co-chair Ed Brook (US, to be confirmed).
- Water isotopes consortium: chair Bo Vinther (DK), co-chair Bruce Vaughn (US).
- Geophysical consortium: chair Nanna Karlsson (DK), co-chair Knut Christianson (US), co-chair Daniela Janssen (DE).
- Drilling consortium: no chair selected, coordinated by Trevor Popp (DK).
- Basal properties consortium: chair Jeff Severinghaus (US).
- Borehole logging consortium: chairs Dorthe Dahl-Jensen (DK) and Frank Wilhelms (DE).
- Ice dynamics and (upstream) modelling consortium: chair Christine Hvidberg (DK), co-chair Oliver Gagliardini (F) and/or Fabien Gillet-Chaulet (F).
- Dating consortium: chair Sune Olander Rasmussen (DK), co-chairs Ross Edwards (US) and Christo Buizert.
- Physical properties consortium: chairs Dorthe Dahl-Jensen (DK) and Ilka Weikusat (DE).
- Remote sensing consortium: chair Aslak Grinsted (DK), co-chair Sebastian Simonsen (DK).
In addition to these consortia, there are three consortia which coordinate the efforts between the more topically focused consortia:
- Brittle / core processing consortium (planning the optimal core handling and processing strategies): chair Bo Vinther (DK), co-chair J.P. Steffensen (DK).
- Surface program umbrella consortium (coordinating the surface measurement programs for optimal sharing of equipment and traverse activities): chair Hans-Christian Steen-Larsen (DK), co-chair Helle Kjær (DK).
- CFA umbrella consortium (coordinating the different continuous flow analysis measurements): (co-)chairs: Hubertus Fischer (CH), Thomas Blunier (DK), Bruce Vaughn (US).
Contact the consortia (co-)chairs above or your national Steering Committee representative to hear about how to get involved in the scientific work.